Friday, June 6, 2008

Best Friends

I could not ask for anything more from my two boys. I thank God daily that when I prayed for a girl while pregnant with Kaleb he did not answer those prayers. These two are the best of friends. Andre says on a daily basis "Kaleb you are my bestfriend". Seriously is there anything better? Not in my book.

Andre begs for me to get Kaleb down from the highchair so that "he can come play with me in my room". "Come on Kaleb lets go play in my room". Not long after that I hear outbursts of child laughter. The kind of laughter where you as a mom sit and just listen for a moment and take it all in.

Of course there are always those small moments where one or the other wants to be left alone and they get snippy with each other but when those moments pass they are back to being buddies and hard a play.

Andre can make Kaleb laugh like no other. To watch them interact with each other amazes me. The things that Andre teaches Kaleb is never ending and what Kaleb picks up from Andre is unbeliveable.

As I type this I'm listening to Andre sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to Kaleb and I'm sure that Kaleb is looking at him with those huge blue eyes and dancing away, loving every min of his brother singing to him as he has done since we brought him home.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great when your children end up best friends. Nothing better than hearing the older ones singing to the little ones. Melts my heart every time!