Thursday, August 21, 2008

Been Thinking

With the problems that Kaleb brought to me that have now entered their way into this pg with Ellie and then some Mike and I have been talking about Ellie being "our last". This is a VERY hard decision for me to make and quite honestly I'm still at the point where I refuse to tie my tubes because to me that is to final for being 26 and 27 yrs old. Mike has said and continues to say he is willing to get snipped but again to final for me right now.

On the other hand the econonmy is not getting any better, my health during the pg is not getting any better and at this point I feel like we are "complete". I've been thinking about other options as far as birthcontrol but well Ellie is a product of being on birthcontrol. I can't do anything for a while anyway considering I breastfeed and refuse to do anything else or take anything that would hinder that.

I feel "done" but I'm not ready to take those steps to make it final. Besides tieing the tubes seems to have side effects I don't really care to have either. If your "done" how did you know you were ready to take that step? I feel like since I have c-sections I'm pressured into "they are already in there just go ahead and do it" type thing and I just can't bring myself to. Weighing the options is very diffucult for me if you haven't noticed.

3 comments:

Christina said...

(((hugs))) I can't tell you what to do, nor will I make suggestions. I'm just here to support you, in whatever decision you and Mike make. It is a hard one, even when you're pushing 40!

One of the Bunch said...

Sweetheart, if I could, I'd stand at the top of the tallest building and yell Don't do it!. You know how my pregnancies went. Those, coupled with our five losses were still not enough to convince me that tying my tubes was the right decision. Low and behold, child #5 came and required an emergency section. I was given that same speech, "We've already got you open, it wouldn't be difficult to go ahead and tie your tubes at that time." Stupidly, I agreed. It wasn't that I wanted more children, it was the finality of it. Low and behold, the effects of the tubal hit me in every way you could imagine. Physically, mentally, emotionally, everything that could go wrong, did. I talked to the doctor afterwards and was told that no, I wasn't crazy. There really is a PTLS with a whole slew of symptoms. Let me know if you need the site. I will say that after my hysterectomy (for a uterine mass-possible cancer) just 16 months after tying my tubes, so many of the symptoms stopped! Seriously, Jess. This is one subject I feel VERY strongly about. If you're feeling even a hint of hesitation, do not do it. Tim and I agree now that it wasn't the best decision we made.

Anonymous said...

Real men get snipped.

When your children outnumber you and your spouse, it's time to stop. Then again, I see you don't subscribe to that philosophy.

Vasectomies are FAR less intrusive and are safer to have than tied tubes. Tell that man of yours to buck up and be like his buddy Gothic and take the plunge.

Just keep a frozen bag of peas handy to sit on after the incision becomes infected. But that's a story for another day...

PS - don't use aftershave after the um... "prep" for the procedure.