Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ego Boost


Today I got a wonderful voicemail from my dad thanking me for the joyous day he had with my boys yesterday(Wednesday). You see every Wednesday he watches my boys for me while I go to work and then we usually go to lunch. Well yesterday was a bit different, I was pretty sick with a cold so I cut work short and came home to veg while he took my sick boys out to his house for a few hours.


So today while listening to my voicemail he told me thank you for allowing him time with my boys and he explained that he watched Kaleb and Andre play on the floor and how this was the first time that he had seen them actually interact with each other and how hard Andre had Kaleb laughing. He said how wonderful it was to see such good, happy kids and that it is all because of me. (Blush) He said (gulp) that "I'm the best mother he knows" and "what a wonderful job I've done with them"(blush).


This is the BEST compliment I could ever get and it means more to me then words can say. I always compare myself to my dad because I think he is/was the best father anyone could ever have and I think how lucky I was to be raised by him. I often worry that I will never be able to teach my children everything my dad taught me but I'm trying my best. I am VERY blessed to have my dad he does more for me and never questions or asks for anything in return.


Thank you God for giving me my daddy.

3 comments:

Zoe said...

awwww! that was so sweet!

kathy jean said...

Wow--what a nice guy to have as your father! You ARE blessed, as are your husband and children. I hope my boys look up to me that way....

Mary said...

That was such a nice post!
(I found you from Zoe's blog.)