Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Small Things That Matter

Kids are wonderful aren't they? They make life grand and interesting to say the least. In the last few days Andre and Kaleb have made some discoveries and those moments were just wonderful to witness.

Last night as Mike, Andre and I were sitting on the couch watching a movie Andre must have gotten board and became restless while trying to find a comfortable spot on my oh so soft belly he lays his head there and stops dead for a few seconds, as I watch his face with amazement and confusion he says in a hushed surprised tone" Mommy! That making noise" I asked him what was making noise knowing all to well what he was talking about but wanted to hear it from him " Your belly" he replies. I said yep my belly makes noise and so does yours and daddies too! He then proceeded to ask why and I explained in the simplest terms I could think of for a three year old. He took the explanation quite well but with such amazement. It was just one of those moments that will be embedded in my brain that when he is grown and out of the house I will be able to recall and enjoy all over again.

Kaleb on the other hand decided to bless my day today with blowing kisses. I've been doing this to him for months and he has now learned how to make the noise and so every time he seen me today I got lots of kisses blown to me along with giggles and flirty smiles.

Small moments with the two of them that will last me a life time of joy.Such wonderful gifts and blessings provided by Gods beautiful children.

2 comments:

Zoe said...

it goes by sooo fast!

kathy jean said...

Thank you for sharing the wonder of discovery, giving me yet another smile, and swell of love for God and His gifts.