Thursday, July 17, 2008

24 Weeks

24weeks

So here we are, 24 weeks in and about 13 left to go if I make it to 38 weeks. Notice I say IF I make it. Honestly I'm scared to death at this point. My tail bone hurts, my pubic bone hurts and worst of all my section site hurts. Everything would be okay with me if my section site didn't hurt but the way I felt today was the way I felt the day I delivered Kaleb only then it felt 10 times worse and I had contractions along with it.

Yes I've noticed that each one of my kids comes earlier then the last and I'm praying that Ellie stays put until she is supposed to be here although I highly doubt it will be the case. I don't want a NICU stay with her, I want a "normal" delivery/ hospital stay and to be discharged with her along with me when I leave. I have to laugh at "normal" because none of my kids have ever let me have "normal" they all have to make their entrance to this world a production.

Up until this point I've been feeling pretty good with the regular aches and pains that pregnant women have but now I'm analyzing every little thing and while I try to relax it's easier said then done.

In other news, she is getting stronger by the day, just a few days ago when she kicked me there was no movement on the outside and sitting here today she kicked me and I watched as my belly took life. I have to say that I'm a fan of the stage before everyone else can feel them kick. Its our own personal bonding time, every time she kicked me or nudged me it was like she was saying "hi mom, I'm here". Now, though its nice that Mike and the kids can feel her I feel our time slipping away. It's the beginning of the end in a way. Once everyone can feel her and then when she is actually out side the womb everyone wants to hold her she will never be just mine anymore. Well such is life I guess. What a blessing it is just to have her.

Andre was talking to her last night, he would say "Ellie, wake up" since I told him she was sleeping and wouldn't you know it right after he said that she kicked me. The bonding begins between the two of them I can only imagine what they will cook up in years to come to plot against me!

So on that note, I'm off to bed. The boys will be up tomorrow early and since I'm up every two hours to pee that doesn't leave a whole lot of sleep time. I can't complain though Kaleb had me up every hour on the hour to pee when I was pregnant with him ;) Can't help but love them though, they are sure worth it...........on their good days*wink, wink*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet US pic!! I hope she stays put long enough to avoid the NICU......she is going to be georgeous!!