Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fall


My favorite time of year! It has been for as long as I can remember and there isn't one thing over the other that makes it that way I guess, just everything combined. The changing colors( I would LOVE to go on a color tour one day either in the UP or over in Maine), the cooler weather, not to hot and not to cold just perfect for jeans and a sweatshirt, school starts(yeah I know weird but I always did love the start of a new school year for some odd reason), new shows begin, the start of holidays with family I really just love this time of year.


New shows starting means more family time, odd I know but it happens that way around here. From Tuesday to Thursday Mike and I have at least one show that we watch nightly and I find that very calming. It's nice to sit on the couch with my husband and kids and just be together for the time being. Not much of that happens around here, usually we are at our computers and the kids are playing or I'm watching tv with the kids or he is playing a game with the kids we just hardly ever spend anytime together in one area enjoying each other.

Soon enough our lives will be turned upside down with the welcoming of our daughter and while none of us can wait and of course we love her for now I like enjoying my family as it is. We will never get these moments back and life is forever changing and moving ahead so I try very hard to cherish the small moments now no matter how meaningless they might seem at the time. In the end they will mean everything to me.
Just a short diversion~I took this photo yesterday as Kaleb and Mike watched the rain pour down. Kaleb found a new favroite past time, which is exactly as you see it. Getting daddy on the floor and watching the rain. All I could think of was "Precious" a moment we will never get back.
Photobucket

No comments: