Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Seriously?

How did this happen? I swore I was one of those parents who can't wait for their kids to get on a bus and leave for school, most days I really am one of those parents! Then today hits, it's family night at Andre's new school/classroom. I'm fine all day long, we get there and I'm still fine, check him and he is all smiles it's a go. Sweet! Walk through the first room where the kids will be hanging their coats and things into the next room which is the actual classroom and here come the wave of emotions. Where the hell did they come from? I hold back the first wave of wet eyes and blubber crying, five more steps into the room and here comes the second wave, yep got those in check too. As Andre looks at his new classroom with amazement and wonderment another hits and I curse these damn pregnancy hormones and quickly move on before anyone catches my slightly wet eyes. All in all I had about 4 waves all kept in check cause well I couldn't be the only blubbering mommy in the room!

Monday is his first day and he can't wait. He is so excited about wearing his new backpack and playing with the trains in his new classroom I really couldn't ask for anything more. He cried when it was time to leave, which I guess is better then crying because he had to be there!

Where did this time go? This is just preschool so why am I emotional? My goodness you'd think he was going off to college or the army or something other then PRESCHOOL! Lord what am I going to do when my last baby goes to school, fall into a deep depression?

Time moves so quickly it seems anymore. I'm happy that he is happy and I'm proud of myself and Mike for the good kid we have raised thus far, but seriously it doesn't need to be so darn emotional!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww how sweet!! poor mommy! Andre will do great!!!