Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Have Any Suggestions? Pooping Woes

Okay I need some expert mom advise. Kaleb has had this diaper rash for a long time and I've gotten a script for it but the darn thing still comes back daily. Mind you he has been sick and for what ever reason is pooping daily acidy semi solid poops. I can't figure it out desitin only makes it worse but I can't get it to clear up and stay gone. What do I do? This poor kid needs a break and I just can't seem to give it to him. So I figured I would come here and ask since I know some wonderful moms out there are reading ;)

4 comments:

Zoe said...

why didn't you just call me? haaaa! anyway wash his ass with antibacterial soap then cover with aquaphor. wipes don't destroy bacteria they spread it and then you seal it in with the desitin...ewww.

One of the Bunch said...

Jess,
We have used a few different methods. I agree with the previous poster, wash with antibacterial soap. Let air dry (or use a blow dryer on warm but LOW setting as you don't want to burn his bum). Cover with a diaper cream or A&D ointment. Sprinkle some corn starch in his diaper to soak up the wetness. Rediaper and repeat with each diaper change.

I hope he's better VERY soon!

Love to you all,
Bec

kathy jean said...

As both of the above, wash, dry, and use an ointment. Plain old petroleum jelly (vaseline) if you don't have any brand name stuff, or baby oil to form a moisture barrier and protect his skin. But it may be that it needs air, so just leaving him in maybe cotton training pants or undies, well rinsed, watch how much softener you use, if any, and perhaps the skin will heal. But the real question is, what is causing the acid poop?? Check his diet for preservatives, colors, what's he drinking, etc. It may be something as simple as lactose. Which really isn't simple.

Diligence is the key. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

You know what I've used to help Ashlinn's when it gets bad... MONISTAT!!!! You wouldn't think so ...but it's literally gone in a day or two! I also use A&D ointment and that helps a ton. Desitin never worked for us :(