Thursday, March 6, 2008

Being A Mother

So much goes into being a mother, its hard to list them all so I will save my time and yours since just about all of you know what it takes. My children are my world, they are my utter happiness when I look into their eyes and hear their laughter. My heart swells beyond an imaginable size. Who knew there could be a love like this? I sure didn't until I felt it and once you feel that love your addicated, it has you in it's grasp, you are no longer selfish, it is now all about them, their love for you and the simple laugh of a child and baby is what you live for.

Though when denied this you as a mom, your heart breaks. My kids have been with my wonderful father for the last two nights due to me having many doctors appts to tend to. I was so anxious today to pick them up from daycare I was all but jumping out of my skin. I missed them so much words couldn't express. I opened the door to find Andre laying on a cot for nap time at school and the minute he seen it was me and not Grandma Suzy the water works began. "I want Grandma Suzy" it was all I could take to contain myself and not allow my own water works to begin. I held it together with the thought of walking in to see my precious baby in the next room, he would give me the love I longed for. Sure enough I walk in and here he is, huge, beautiful blue eyes looking right at me with a smile so wide it seem to engolf his chubby litte face. Ahhh yes that is way mommy needed! Again fighting back the water works with lots of hugs and squeezes, and kisses. Off to the car we go, mind you still fighting back the works from Andre but doing alright. Kids are buckled in saftly, so is mom and out the drive to head for home. And here they come, driving slowly in the right lane because I can hardly see, I can't stop them. I've missed them so much and its only been two nights and yet my Peanut didn't miss me! How can that be? I'm his world...........aren't I? Ahhh I contain myself after Andre noticed I was crying and asked " Mommy, you alright? You need hugs and kisses?" YES! That is exactly what I need from you! So home we are finally after that long 5 min ride. Hats, coats, and shoes off. Things put away, everyone ready for a nap......and as I pick Andre up to hug him I sit on his bed and just melt into him. I can't hold his little body enough right now, he squeezes me and talks quietly, telling me he loves me so stinking much, and he missed me while he was at Papa's, and Oh I was looking for you mommy at school.

Yes the love of my children feed me. Though we all need a break from time to time I can't imagine life without the life the breathe into me. They give me purpose and they give me a love that no one else can and a love that no one can take away from me.

I have found out that I need to be needed, I like to be needed and they give me that but you know what else? I need them just as much. Calling them blessings is an understatment. Angels would be more like it and thank you God for sending them to me, though there is not enought thank yous in the world, thats all I can give.

Here are some pictures that I absoultly adore,

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: