Sunday, March 9, 2008

WW III

Friday was an awesome day if I do say so myself. The kids and I had some things to venture out of the house to do and only one of which was executed as planned.

First stop was hair cut for Andre because well he looked like a shaggy dog and I couldn't take it any longer. We had been shaving him at home since the min he hit three yrs old he threw a tantrum getting his hair cut like he thought the world was ending, no kidding, and for no reason other then the fact that he didn't want his hair cut. So since he had been doing well I figured he would be okay going out to get it done. WRONG! Here come the tantrum again and the lady made it worse by letting him get away with it. So off we go with no hair cut and a VERY ticked off mommy and yet a very satisfied toddler.

Off to Sears we went to buy winter coats for next year. This worked out wonderfully. Walked in found a coat for Andre that is two coats in one, a zip out liner for spring/fall and an outer coat for winter. Original price 60.00$ on clearance for 15$, off to baby land to find a coat for Kaleb. Yep found one, may be a bit big but hey at the rate he grows I'm praying its not to small. Original price 40.00$ got it for 10$. Left Sears spending 31$ for two/three coats and a hat(that came with Kaleb's coat) feeling on top of the world! I LOVE sales like that.

Now its time to get home and finish what I had started out to do today. I put Andre in the highchair since it locks him in and out come the clippers. Kicking and screaming, thrashing, crying, hitting and yelling all led to a decent hair cut and one pissed off kid realizing that mom is serious when she says your getting a hair cut so deal with it.

By the end of this WW III match I was tired and shaky and needed to lay down but no time for that Mikes home and then off to bowling we go. I actually got to go since my almost never there mother in law offered to watch the boys so I could get out of the house and do something semi fun. Thank you by they way, it was much needed after the fight with Andre!

We walk in the door at 10 pm with dinner in hand and were greeted with total silence. The boys put them selves to bed by 730! That my friend is a blessing in it self. Mike and I scratch that Mike enjoyed his dinner as I was to sick to even get more then a few bites down. I did get a full nights sleep which was wonderful and restful, exactly what I needed.

Hmmm I wonder how the next hair cut will turn out?

No comments: